CBD Labeling V2
CBD Labeling – My CBD Cert Resources
Labeling CBD products can be a challenge for producers and even more so for consumers to understand. There is a lot of content required by various federal and state bodies and on some level a lack of consistency. One of the most critical elements is a QR code that will lead to 3rd party testing. Surprisingly not always required. One of the other considerations is for CBD food products and the requirement for nutritional information. One of the best graphics that will outline requirements is the following from Avery, General guidelines include:
● Do not make any false or misleading claims of treating or preventing disease. The FDA has already sent warning letters to companies selling CBD products that have made these false claims.
● Properly display your label information (See 6 items below) and make sure it’s legible. ● Do not violate the Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970.
For more information:
Do CBD products require a full declaration of all ingredients?
- All CBD products require a full declaration of all ingredients. List all ingredients on an informational panel on the outer packaging. It isn’t a requirement on inner containers if it’s on the outer packaging. If no outer packaging, it must be on the product container itself. 5. Warning or caution statements
6. Disclosure of material facts
These are any facts that a reasonable person would deem to be important, significant, or essential when buying your product. For instance, if your CBD oil is only good for nighttime use, then you should disclose that. Other things that you should consider including for consumers:
- Whether your product is full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate
- Expiration date
- Manufacturing date
- Batch codes
5. Warning or caution statements
It’s a good idea to include the standard warnings for children and pregnant women on your labels. As well as warnings for any complications people taking other medications might have. It’s also a good idea to include a warning that users could fail a drug test if consuming hemp products.